Nominations are now being accepted from interested members of the community for positions on the Dungog Shire Australia Day Committee to organise the 2018 celebrations. The Committee will organise and run the Dungog Shire Australia Day celebrations. Dungog Shire Council will provide a small fund to provide for the program and four Councillors to support the committee.
The Committee is seeking people who are interested in developing and delivering the program from October 2017 to February 2019. Tasks associated with the Committee include:
- Shire wide advertisement and promotion of the Australia Day Award nomination process.
- Provision of a process to select Award recipients from nominations received
- Development and delivery of the Australia Day program in line with the Australia Day Council NSW
- Application and support for the Woolworths Ambassador program, including bookings, reception and Australia Day support.
- Management of the council budget allocation that pays for the entertainment, hospitality, food and other costs associated with the Awards program.
- Liaison with Council staff is required to ensure adequate resources are available on the day and that the Citizenship requirements are met.
- Liaison with local service organisations that support the Australia Day program.
Interested people are asked to complete the Expression of Interest form available below or from the Administration Office by 4.00 pm on Friday 20 October 2017.
Completed forms may be returned to the Administration Office or by email to email@example.com