2.1. The objectives of this policy are to:
- enable the reasonable and appropriate reimbursement of expenses incurred by Councillors while undertaking their civic duties
- enable facilities of a reasonable and appropriate standard to be provided to Councillors to support them in undertaking their civic duties
- ensure accountability and transparency in reimbursement of expenses and provision of facilities to Councillors
- ensure facilities and expenses provided to Councillors meet community expectations
- support a diversity of representation
- fulfil the Council’s statutory responsibilities.