The objectives of this policy are to manage risk and to formalise maintenance practice in relation to roads. The condition of road infrastructure is maintained and improved through capital works and routine maintenance works. While capital works are eventually required, routine maintenance must keep the road network essentially safe. To achieve this, assessment, monitoring and rectification of hazards and their potential consequences are required.
Within the available resources of Dungog Shire Council to:
- Provide safe roads for use by road users;
- Identify areas that require maintenance;
- Establish a priority system for carrying out maintenance on Council roads;
- Provide information to assist council in allocating resources where they are required and
- To allow council to schedule maintenance where required.
Roads Maintenance - Risk Management (PDF - 23.86KB)