Under the LEP 2014 (Clause 5.10) a Heritage Impact Statement must be prepared in conjunction with a DA for the following:
- Demolishing or moving a heritage item, or a building, work, relic, tree or place within a heritage conservation area,
- Altering a heritage item, or a building, work, relic, tree or place within a heritage conservation area, by making changes to its exterior, including changes to its detail, fabric, finish or appearance,
- Altering a heritage item by making structural changes to its
- Disturbing or excavating a place of Aboriginal heritage significance while knowing, or having reasonable cause to
suspect, that the disturbance will, or is likely to, result in a relic being discovered, exposed, moved, damaged or destroyed,
- Moving the whole or part of a heritage item,
- Erecting a building on, or subdividing, land on which a heritage item is located or that is within a heritage conservation area.
The NSW Heritage Office has produced a model statement of Heritage Impact which can be used as a guideline. This document is available for viewing and downloading below.