Occupation Certificate

If you want to occupy or use a new dwelling, or change the use of an existing building, you need an occupation certificate before you can do so. You can use this form to apply for an occupation certificate. To complete the form, please place a cross in the boxes and fill out the white sections as appropriate. To minimise delay in receiving a decision about your application, please ensure you submit all relevant information.

You need to apply to the principal certifying authority you have appointed for the development if you want to occupy or use a new building. Otherwise you can apply to a certifying authority (either your council or a private certifier).


Occupation Certificate (PDF - 50.8KB)