Council continues to monitor the latest advice from State and Federal bodies in relation to this issue and will adhere to and implement that advice as soon as is practicable.
The ongoing work health and safety of the Dungog Shire Community is of paramount importance to Dungog Shire Council especially in relation to the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic with Council’s focus during the COVID-19 situation is to maintain good service levels while protecting our community.
To assist and support you in your management role of Council owned Facilities, please find below information in regards to usage of Shire facilities and how we can work together to reduce any potential impacts that may affect both your facility and users –
Required Changes to Council’s Service Provision –
Based on the recent announcements from both the Prime Minister, NSW Premier and their health advisors, and to prioritise the well-being of the community and staff, the following changes are being made to Council services until further notice:-
Community Buildings and Facilities:
- Clarence Town Community Centre – Based on the current direction from NSW Health and Education Departments, this facility will remain open for the sole utilisation by the Clarence Town Community Pre-school. No other use of this facility will be permitted;
- Clarence Town Museum – Closed to all users;
- Clarence Town School of Arts – Closed to all users;
- Clarence Town Senior Citizens Centre – Closed to all users;
- Clarence Town Swimming Pool – Closed to all users;
- Clarence Town Holiday Park – CLOSED Crown Lands have allowed the following exceptions to caravan parks and camping grounds; accommodating permanent residents of the caravan park who have no other place of residence & allowing visitors to visit persons noted;
- Dungog Doug Walters Pavilion – Closed to all external users;
- Dungog James Theatre – Closed to all users;
- Dungog Museum – Closed to all users;
- Dungog Swimming Pool – Closed to all users;
- Gresford School of Arts Precinct – CLOSED as Gresford Community Preschool has suspended operations at least until the end of the April Holidays (26/04/2020) and will reassess the situation then;
- Gresford Returned Serviceman’s Hall – Closed to all users;
- Martins Creek School of Arts – Closed to all users;
- Paterson Museum – Closed to all users;
- Paterson School of Arts Hall – Closed to all users;
- Vacy School of Arts Hall – CLOSED as Vacy Community Preschool has suspended operations at least until the end of the April Holidays (26/04/2020) and will reassess the situation then;
Council’s Parks, Reserves and other Open Spaces will generally remain open for passive recreational casual community use. Council implores users to abide by Social Distancing and number of users at the facilities at any one time. Group gatherings such as weddings, etc is not permitted.
In addition to this, specific rules apply to the following facilities:-
- Clarence Town Tennis Courts – The Tennis Courts & club house facility will be closed to all users;
- Bennett Park – open space area will remain open for non-structured and casual community use but Canteen and change rooms will be closed;
- Barnes Oval – this is a Department of education facility with a lease agreement between Council and Department of Education, based on current direction from Education Department this facility is closed to all external users
- Dungog Showground – This is a Crown Land facility where both Council has partial control responsibilities but other users have lease agreements directly with Crown Lands. Council’s position at this facility is as follows:-
- Reduction in use to non-structured and casual community use to be further determined in conjunction with the Section 355 Committee;
- Council will liaise with the Girl Guides who lease a building on the site with respect to their ongoing use of the facility;
- Dungog Tennis Courts – The Tennis Courts & club house facility will be closed to all users;
- Paterson Sports Ground – This is a Crown Land facility where both Council has partial control responsibilities but other users have lease agreements directly with Crown Lands. Council’s position at this facility is as follows:-
- Open space areas will remain open for non-structured and casual community use;
- Boxing facility will be closed to all users;
- Council will liaise with the Golf Club lessee for continued use but they will be encouraged to not utilise the Club House Facility;
- The Tennis Courts & club house facility will be closed to all users;
Playgrounds & Outdoor Equipment
- All playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment and Skate parks will be fenced off throughout the shire with no public access to these facilities as soon as practicabl
Public Amenities / Toilet Facilities
The following Public Amenities / Toilet Facilities will be closed as soon as practicable:-
- Clarence Town Wharf Reserve;
- Clarence Town Lions Park (Bridge Reserve);
- Dungog Bruyn Park (adjacent to the Library);
- Dungog Frank Robinson Park;
- Dungog Showground;
- Gresford School of Arts;
- Paterson Kings Wharf Reserve;
All public electric barbecues will be turned off as soon as practicable. These include barbecues located at:-
- Clarence Town Lions Park (Bridge Reserve);
- Dungog Coronation Park;
- Dungog Frank Robinson Park;
- Dungog Jubilee Park;
- Gresford Orana Park;
- Paterson Kings Wharf Park;
- Paterson John Tucker Park;
- Vacy Park;
To date, NSW Health and the other advising authorities are clear in their message, with reference to social distancing and non essential indoor gatherings, these changes will be effective from Tuesday 24th March at 5.00pm, we aim to maintain a level of service to the community during this period.
The NSW Health site is the primary source of information and health updates.
Other Council facilities
Dungog Public Swimming Pools In order to do all we can to limit the transmission of the virus and to prioritise the wellbeing of staff and the community, the end of season closure for the two public swimming across the Shire will be brought forward to Tuesday 24th March.
Dungog Shire Library doors are closed to the public, staff continue to work 9am to 12 noon daily. Library still offering digital programs and online services such as e-books, e-magazines and newspapers, music, and movie streaming. Courier service for transferring books between libraries suspended until further notice.
Dungog Waste Facility the tip shop has closed unit further notice, all transactions to be made by Eftpos only no cash transactions, Customers are to remain in their vehicles on the weighbridge, staff will not assist in unloading or stacking wastes and all customers are encouraged to continue with good basic clean hand hygiene, before, during and after the handling of wast materials.
Dungog Saleyards remain open as livestock sales are still considered as an essential service and as long as the respective guidelines are followed this activity can continue at this time.
Alison Court Common room is now CLOSED;
Please disseminate to your committee, members and community these changes, Council will continue to provided updated changes as the information is provided.
If you require any further information or clarification regarding these matters, please do not hesitate to contact Steve Hitchens Executive Manager of Infrastructure and Assets on 49957777.