Please note the following roads and bridges update as at 1.30pm 7 July 2022.
Currently, all roads are being monitored. Updates will be provided as information is available. Please check the neighbouring Council’s website/Facebook page for their road closures which may impact your travel to and from our shire.
The following roads are CLOSED:
1. Bingleburra Road is closed at 900 Bingleburra Road near Mount Richardson due to a landslip. No traverse between Dungog and Gresford. Residents access only.
2. Hooke Street, Dungog
3. Monkerai Road - Gravel section on Shire Boundary (Mid Coast Council) CLOSED due to landslip
4. Due to rising water levels Allyn River Road is subject to flooding impacting access through causeways. Please drive with Caution.
The following bridges are CLOSED:
1. Banfield Bridge, Pinebrush Road
2. Thalaba Bridge, Alison Road
3. Horns Crossing Bridge, Horns Crossing Road
4. Saxby’s Bridge, Clements Road - PLEASE NOTE: there is no safe access at Saxby’s Bridge. Closed signs are in place, so please do not attempt to cross.
5. Fosterton Bridge, Fosterton
6. Cox's Bridge, Main Creek
7. Berry's Bridge, Pinebrush Road
The following Parks are CLOSED:
1. John Tucker Park, Paterson - No Vehicle or Pedestrian Access to Park. Amenities remain open.
2. Frank Robinson Park - Toilets closed due to water.
ANIMAL SAFE PLACES UPDATE:
We have also been providing support to people in our shire concerned about the welfare of their animals. We have opened Dungog Showground if you need a safe place to take your horses or livestock, however, please note the showground is not patrolled. You will need to provide your own supervision of your animal/s.
Please drive with care and caution as water levels can change quickly, and DO NOT drive through flood waters.
Monitor emergency warnings and severe weather updates on ABC Newcastle, Hunter NSW SES and Bureau of Meteorology.
If you need to travel by car, please check the Live Traffic NSW app to ensure the route is safe.
NEVER DRIVE, WALK OR RIDE THROUGH FLOOD WATERS
In life-threatening situations call 000 Call NSW SES 132500 for emergency help in floods and storms.
We will now be providing daily updates at 1pm, unless an urgent notice is required, in which case we will post to our Facebook page as soon as information is available.