It is my pleasure to announce that nominations are now open for the 2022 Australia Day Awards and I am encouraging all residents to nominate the unsung heroes who enrich life for everyone across our shire community.
Given the challenges the past year has presented, there are more citizens than ever before who are worthy of nomination.
Between the COVID-19 pandemic and our extreme weather events, many individuals and organisations have had to overcome countless obstacles and display a resilience and fortitude like never before.
These are the citizens and organisations we wish to recognise in the 2022 Australia Day Awards – those who have faced their challenges head-on and displayed courage and determination to continue to make invaluable contributions to our community.
Nominations are available for individuals, organisations and teams in the following award categories:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Environmental Citizen of the year
- Senior Sports Award (over 18 years of age)
- Junior Sports Award (18 years of age and under)
- Volunteer (as an individual) Service to the Community
Nominations can be made by individuals or organisations, and should focus on achievements in the 2021 calendar year.
You can find nomination forms at:
- Council’s Administration Centre, 198 Dowling St, Dungog.
- Dungog Library, 17 Mackay St, Dungog.
- Paterson Country Café, 24 King St, Paterson.
- East Gresford Store | Foodworks, 63 Park Street, East Gresford.
- Vacy General Store, 803 Gresford Rd, Vacy.
- Irwin’s Fuel & Food, 15 Clarence Town Rd, Dungog.
- Clarence Town Post Office, Shop 4/116 Prince St, Clarence Town.
Or they can be downloaded from council’s website.
Nominations close on Friday 12 November 2021 and completed nomination forms must be submitted to council via email or in person no later than 4pm on this day.
After the year like no other, I look forward to coming together to recognise these outstanding individuals as part of our 2022 Australia Day celebrations.
For any other happenings in the shire, please get in touch via phone on 4995 7777 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.