From Monday 8 to Friday 19 February 2021, Dungog Shire Council will be providing a Bulky Waste and Scrap Metal Clean-Up for all residential properties currently receiving a weekly waste collection.
Collections will commence on Monday 8 February 2021, and residents will need to put their waste out the weekend before.
Clean-up material should be placed at the location of your regular waste collection. Waste material deposited in any other location will be considered to be illegally dumped and action may be taken against persons responsible.
NOTE: Collections will only consist of a single pass per property for bulky waste and a separate single pass for metal. Collection vehicles record the date and time of each pass.
Collections may occur at any time during the allotted time period, and waste or metal placed after these passes will not be collected.
The volume of waste collected from any one property shall not exceed two cubic metres. Bulky waste includes larger items of household waste.
The following items WILL be accepted:
- Household appliances and whitegoods (all doors must be removed)
- Furniture, painted wooden products and fittings
- Pottery, ceramics and chinaware
- Tools, scrap metal, empty tins (lids off) and drums. (Sorted separate to other Bulky Waste)
- Other bulky household items
- Items must be able to be handled by two people
- Loose items must be bundled or contained
- Wire, must be rolled and tied securely
The following materials will NOT be collected:
- Building and demolition materials, concrete, bricks, tiles, fencing and plumbing fixtures
- Trade, industrial and shop waste
- Motor vehicles, engines, car parts, batteries and tyres
- Commercial and hazardous waste including asbestos, insulation batts and fibro
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- Fuels, oils, paint and vessels or machinery containing liquids eg. mowers, oil heaters etc
- Cement bags and large carpet rolls
- Windows or sliding doors that contain glass, glass table tops and broken glass.
- Green Waste including tree roots and branches
- Small loose items will not be accepted
- Material suitable for placement in the resident’s MGBs - food scraps, recyclable material, household garbage
- Fencing in large quantities and wire that is not rolled and tied securely
- Lengths of material longer than 1.8m (excluding lounges etc)
- Hot water systems larger than 260 litres.
For enquiries, please contact JR RICHARDS & SONS on 1300 343 507.