Dungog is going plastic FREE in July!
Everyone working, living, visiting The Dungog Shire area encouraged to go plastic FREE!
Small acts = BIG Change!
How will you help go plastic FREE starting the 1st July?
There are some easy ways we can all help do this, and most of us are doing this now which is wonderful. We as a group are encouraging staff/ businesses/ communities and visitors to:
- Use their own keep coffee bam booster cups, or a mug when getting a café coffee – remember your pledge with your responsible cafes program!
- Use a re-usable bag (boomerang bag when going shopping)
- Use bees wax wraps for your or your kids lunch boxes instead of cling wrap or zip lock bags.
- Make snacks from scratch, like cakes and biscuits, (less packaging)
- Grow your own veggie/ herb gardens
- Bring your own re-fillable water bottles to work/school/ sport.
Roll out of the Coffee Cup Rescue Stations (Simply Cups):
Dungog Council along with Simply Cups (Closed Loop) , 7-eleven, Boomerang Bags, SUPFD, are rolling out the exciting disposable Cup Rescue Stations, with Dungog being the First Ever town to do this, which is just so exciting to know that we are going to be leading the way!
What is a Cup Rescue Station? Check out this short video:
If you forget your keep cup, and have to use a disposable cup, you can return it to these cup rescue stations and they will be up cycled into other products such as car bumps or out door furniture.
The following businesses that you can return your disposable coffee cups and disposable lids to , are as follows:
- Dungog Shire Council admin/office
- Visitor Information Centre
- Dungog Library
- Dungog Hospital
- Dungog Bowling Club
- Dungog High School
- Country Elegance Gardens & Gifts – Dungog Nursery
- Coffee Bean Café
- Stella Bistro Café
- The Long Room Café
- Dungog Café
- Irwin’s Petrol Station
- Twin Rivers Café East Gresford
- Shaw’s Bakery – Clarence Town
- Paterson Servo – if we have enough
The businesses participating with cup rescue will return the coffee cups and lids in sleeves, to the Council Administration Building. We will have bins allocated with Brown lids located outside near the Council Chambers (with all the other bins) for these businesses to return the cups to – These bins will be stickered with rescue cups for clear visibility.
Council will then send these sleeves off to 7-eleven who have partnered in the this program for storage, until they are shipped off to be upcycled into other products.
Council has already purchased some upcycled products (car park bumps) for our car parks.