Council’s Works Crews have been very busy with a range of infrastructure projects across the Shire; however, the recent wet weather has caused delays in some areas.
Please see below for an update of some current and upcoming infrastructure works:
- Dungog Showground Lighting Upgrade: Due to recent wet weather delays, footing works have been rescheduled to early August, weather permitting. Once complete, associated electrical works will be undertaken with the new lighting expected to be finalised by the end of September.
- Clarence Town Sportsground Lighting (Clarence Town Oval and Reg Ford Oval): Wet weather has also caused the reschedule of footing works to mid-August, with the lighting upgrade expected to be finalised by the end of October, weather permitting.
- Spooner Bridge: Traffic access to the bridge was temporarily unavailable due to the bypass being overtopped during recent heavy rainfall. The bridgeworks are set to be finalised next week and approach works will commence soon after. There will be some movement of traffic between the bypass and the new bridge during these works. All approach works are expected to be completed by the end of October.
- Summer Hill Bridge: There has been a slight delay at this site due to wet weather however works are progressing well, with the deck scheduled to be poured on Friday 31 July. The bridge is scheduled to be complete by the end of August, with approach works completed in early September.
- Tillegra Bridge: Works are ongoing with the new bridge expected to be completed in March/April 2021.
- Clarence Town Sports Facility: Tenders for the building and associated earthworks have been released and will close in August 2020.
- Bennett Park Accessible Amenities: Requests for Quotations (RFQ)’s have been released and will close in late August 2020.
- Dungog Netball Courts: Works are largely complete. Surface treatment works are dependent upon warmer weather and are likely to occur in mid-to-late Spring.
- Dowling Street: All blisters and garden works are nearing completion. The intersection works at Dowling and Mackay Streets will be asphalted and undertaken as night works, which are now scheduled for late August.
- Torryburn Road: Although these works have been slightly delayed due to recent wet weather, stabilisation of the first section has occurred and sealing is scheduled for next week. Works will then commence on the remaining section, with all works scheduled for completion by the end of August.
- Lord Street (Mary to Myles Street): Service relocation works are currently underway and will continue into next week. Pavement works will follow and are expected to be completed by mid-September.
- Clarence Town Road (Union Bridge to Parers Hill): Initial earthworks have commenced, with drainage upgrades and extensions to continue in August.