About Dungog Shire
Our Shire is known for its relaxed and friendly country lifestyle, with easy access to the World Heritage-listed Barrington Tops National Park, with beautiful walks, mountain biking, overnight hikes, and great picnic, fishing and camping spots.
As a member of our community, you can enjoy gourmet food, craft beer breweries and wineries all close by, too!
We support a growing rural community of over 9,000 residents in the Hunter region of NSW, located around an hour from Newcastle, around two hours from Sydney, and within 40 minutes of other strategic centres in the Hunter Valley, such as Maitland and Raymond Terrace.
As a growing council, we are committed to ensuring the ongoing and consistent delivery of local services that are valued by our community.
Dungog Shire is divided into three (3) Wards with seven (7) elected members, and has a popularly elected Mayor.
Mayor of Dungog Shire
- Cr John Connors. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 0418 272 197.
"A Ward" Councillors
- Cr Michael Dowling. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 0422 822 458.
- Cr Michael Tobin. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 0438 105 030.
"B Ward" Councillors
- Deputy Mayor, Cr Stephen Low. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 4996 4022.
- Cr Jessica Clark. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 0421 451 716.
"C Ward" Councillors
- Cr Digby Rayward. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 0422 679 875.
- Cr Bradley Bale. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 0403 878 099.